Most Popular Funeral Music
Music has always played an important part in funeral and memorial services. Today, perhaps, more than ever as services are increasingly about celebrating a life. So, while hymns remain important, they are today joined more and more by favourite personal choices of either classical pieces or popular songs that perhaps evoke happy memories.
Here are a selection of the most popular choices played at South Oxfordshire Crematorium & Memorial Park:
- Over the Rainbow (Eva Cassidy)
- My Way (Frank Sinatra)
- I will always love you (Witney Houston)
- Wind beneath my Wings(Bette Midler)
- Time to say Goodbye (Andrea Bocelli)
- The Lords my Shepherd (Psalm 23/Crimond)
- Abide with Me (Traditional)
- Jerusalem (Traditional)
- How Great Thou Art (Traditional)
- Amazing Grace (Traditional)
- Enigma (Elgar)
- Canon in D (Pachelbel)
- Nimrod, Enigma Variations (Elgar)
- Cavalleria Rusticana
- Concerto for Oboe and Strings D minor
We regularly publish our “Chapel Attendant’s Choice” to our Facebook page, why not take a look and have a listen:
We use the Obitus media system to provide a wide-ranging choice of popular and classical songs and music. Many of these choices are already held in our music library at the Crematorium, and you can search and listen to 30-second samples of all this music on the Obitus website.
- Select “Music Library” or “Hymn Library”
- Enter the password “Memoria”
- Enter the title and/or and select “Search”
If we do not already have your preferred music, please contact your funeral director who can place a special order with Obitus for you.
We can also provide a recording of the complete service on audio CD, or with visuals on a DVD, Blu-ray or USB memory stick.